Whew! What a month this has been. Today is Labor Day and the start of fall to me. I love Autumn. It is one of my favorite seasons because it is the start of school, yay!, and the beginning of the holidays. I love the colors of the leaves, pumpkins and the brisk air, and knowing that Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming soon. The summer went pretty fast for me. Next year I am going to try not to have so many things to do. Nathan started Junior High School and loves it, which makes me love it too!
I was able to spend a few short days with Whitney and the babies. I just fell in love with those two little guys.
Kael keeps me hopping and in stiches. I just love him to pieces! He is so sweet and Brady is adorable and so peaceful to hold.
I could just hold him for hours at a time. It was great to spend time with Whit too. She is a great mother and will be a great blessing to her boys. I can tell she will teach them well. Cassidy and Chris stayed with Nathan so that I could go out and be with Whit and the boys. I was just thinking the other day about Whitney, Jon and Chris and Cass and how grateful I am for their good lives. They make me proud to be a Mother and I feel that it was all worth it. I thought I would just say, also, that I am so excited for the upcoming election on November 4th. Remember to register to vote if you haven't already. It will soon be too late to do that. Most telephone directories have a registration form in the back for one person or you can call your county office and find out where your voter registration office is, or when you renew your license you can do it then at the DMV. I'm not at all embarrassed to say that I am a Republican through and through. I am voting for John McCain and was excited by his choice for a running mate, Sarah Palin. I think she is on the ball and stands for the same values as I do. She is pro-life, pro-family and pro-marriage between a man and a woman only. I think she has a great presence and I admire her tenacity plus she is a mother. I love this country so much. I feel I have invested much of my life in the defense of it by supporting my husband in his duties during his military service. I recognize the blessings that we as Americans have and the stewardship which accompanies such blessings. As an American and as a Mother, I feel a responsibility to stand for good everywhere. I want the best for my children and my grand-children and pray for our nation to be preserved by the constitution upon which is was founded. What a privilege it is to have a voice and know that our one single vote DOES count towards the future. So go register if you haven't already done so.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America.
And to the republic for which it stands; One nation under GOD,
indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."



1 comment:
Mom,
I am so glad you were able to come back out. You were such a help to me and I loved being able to spend so much time with you alone. I miss seeing you everyday even though it's not been like that for many years I still miss it. Kael misses you too, he kept asking about you the first day you left, he'd run to your room and look for you. Thanks again you are the best. Love you Whit
Post a Comment