Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A good day to reflect

Oh it's been too long since I last blogged and here is the reason why. I just haven't been able to put my feelings into words yet. With our past family crisis, I felt really mixed with emotions and hurt inside, I couldn't bring myself to say anything that I thought you would find useful. I am doing better, but honestly, this has been the hardest thing ever to deal with because I have absolutely no control of the outcome. I did learn however, I DO have control over my outcome and how I choose to react and respond to adversity and those who sometimes cause it. We have the perfect example in our Savior, who has given us the way...pray for them and love them inspite of everything. Well I do love my son Spencer so very much. I pray for him with all the faith I have inside and with all the energy of my soul. I don't think there is anything else I can do right now so I will continue to do this one great thing. I don't mean to sound negative because really I feel such joy and peace and gratitude for all that I have been blessed with throughout my life. Since it is officially the "Thanksgiving" month, I think it would be appropriate to share some of my blessings with you. "These are a few of my favorite things," not necissarily in order.
....Autumn colors, snow on the mountains today, America the beautiful, the privilege and right to cast my vote (and yes it does count in Utah!), my testimony of Jesus Christ and of His atonement for me, my wonderful and beautiful grandsons, my boys and girls, my loving and honest husband, my family and friends, clean water, heat in my house, beautiful music, children laughing, a really good movie, HGTV, my Mom and Dad, my health, feeling happy...the end....

I could go on and on, but the important thing is to get started and try to say different things each day.

I just finished reading the book John Adams by David McCullough. It was a wonderful book and helped me in my perspective. I realized while reading this book about this great man and the birth of our nation, that throughout the entire history of the USA, people have been saying the nation is in a terrible state and it's worse than ever etc. It made me stop and think about that. Things do seem dim and yet if we look back in time we can see that they always did and we kept moving forward as a nation and building a great and a strong union which has passed the tests of time. We don't need to fear but look up and as John Adams said "Rejoice evermore!" I choose to do this. I will put my trust in God and look to the future with hope and determination to do the BEST I can do. With each small and simple act of goodness, a greater goodness is done. I am grateful and proud I could vote today. I pray the Lord's will to be done and that no matter the outcome, I will continue to follow Him and trust He is in control. God Bless America and each of you!

6 comments:

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

You are so wonderfully inspiring...keep the faith! Love you

Idontcare said...

Mom, you're an amazing example to all of us. Thanks for being my rock, even if you don't realize how much you are.... I love you so much and I'm glad that you are so passionate about all of the political things going on so I could learn and therefore become a better citizen of this blessed country.

Mandy said...

i know that you don't know me... but i just want to let you know that i have gotten to know Spencer very well. He is working with me and I seriously love him so much. He is such a good kid and a very good worker. We LOVE LOVE LOVE him here at the hotel! I really don't know a lot of details about his past, but I do know that he seems to be doing well now. I have talked to Whit about him and asked her to let me know if there is anything I can do for him, OR YOU! But same to you.... If you can think of anything, please don't hesitate to ask. I adore him!!! Really! i look out for him. If there is anything I can do... let me know. you can email me at crafty_mandy@yahoo.com

Mary Croxford said...

Hey girl, How fun to talk to you the other night! I miss you! Isn't it amazing how much we have gone through in our lives already? It seems like we were just making plans for our futures, two singles running around (and to think we thought our lives were full of ups and downs then!!!!! HA-LOL) Seriously, you are a beautiful person, Wendy. I admire you so much. Yes, life throws us curve balls but what an amazing experience and growth they bring and will bring to our lives. Can you imagine what kind of people we may be if we didn't have challenges? Oh, how I hate them sometimes but looking back, I wouldn't have it any other way. With all that being said, it is sooooo important to not lose our perspective on our lives meaning, now, it is time to go relax and play!!!! Did you talk to Cal about dinner? There are so many fun things to do around here as well. Maybe you could grab Spencer and head our way and we can do something really fun with all these holidays coming up! Are you ready? Give me a call and let's get this planned! Hugs for now, Mary

LisaL said...

I love to keep up with you on your blog. You are a good writer. Your family is beautiful and your grand kids are adorable! We need to get together again! Happy Thanksgiving!

LisaL said...

Wendy, I love reading your blogs. It is a way I can keep up on your life. You are a good writer. Your family is beautiful. Your grandkids are darling. We need to get together again. Happy Thanksgiving!