I haven't blogged for a very long time, but since a really nice woman encouraged me to keep it up, I thought I would. I am like that with my journal too. I write and write and then go a period of time with nothing. I stopped blogging after some things happened with Spencer. I just didn't feel I had anything positive and worthwhile to say, but after several months, here I go again. It's almost Christmas, actually tomorrow is Christmas Eve. All of our kids will be home on Christmas eve and it will be wonderful to be together. It's hard to believe a whole year has come and gone but they say "time flies when you're having fun." Some pretty significant things have happened in 2009, the most significant to me being my mother's passing away in September. It was hard to watch her die, but I was so thankful I could be right by her side for pretty much the whole thing. It was sad and wonderful all at the same time. I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ which makes resurrection possible and give those of us who lose loved ones such a feeling of peace and hope. Hope isn't wishful thinking, it is an expectation of His promises being real and being fulfilled. My mother taught me that and a million other wonderful things. Since her passing, Cal and I have been working on her biological family line. She was put in an orphanage when she was just a very small child, along with a sister and brother. She was blessed to be adopted to wonderful parents whom she loved very much. Since her passing, we have been able to find a lot of information on this family and are enjoying doing this so much. Cal is so good about helping me, whenever I ask. He is much better at research on the computer than I am so he really does all the work. I just do the encouraging. For my mothers Christmas present this year, I had her sisters temple work done and it was absolutely the most rewarding experience. I loved my aunt and I know that she loved me. She was a wonderful person and I am certain that these two sisters were experiencing joy and rejoicing on Friday, Dec. 17th.
I have a favorite saying and it goes like this, "All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator, for all I have not seen." I love my Heavenly Father and feel such gratitude for all that He allows me to feel and know, even though it is not always pleasant, it is always what I need. I love Jesus Christ and hope that I can "celebrate" His birth and life every single day of the upcoming year. There is so much to be thankful for. Merry Christmas!
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Aw mom, I love reading your blog. You have this amazing way of making everything seem so clear and simple. I love you and I'm glad we got to spend Christmas with you guys.
Post a Comment