Saturday, May 17, 2008

Another Day in Paradise.....

Okay, I am a computer idiot! I know how to post, but beyond that I can't figure out the playlist or photos, so turn off the song playing and scroll down to I am blessed and play that one while you read this. Today was a great day for a few reasons. One, yesterday I was so depressed. I had absolutely no reason at all, but sometimes my brain just works that way. It didn't help that no one was home and I had time to just sit and feel sorry for myself. I need distractions sometimes. The weird thing is that I had a good week. I have been feeling kind of overwhelmed thinking about the next month and everything that is coming up. I don't handle being so busy very well. Poor Cal, what he has to put up with. He came home late from being on call and rubbed my feet while he was telling me how wonderful I am. His words, not mine. He is so romantic. Not in the "romantic" sense, just an amazing friend and husband. I'm glad I get to have him forever. Another reason today was good, is that I felt better. I worked in my yard and just enjoyed my home. I have been feeling so sorry for the people in Myanmar and China and even here in the good old USA, who have had so many heartaches and destruction. I was just sitting on my front porch watching the sun set over the Great Salt Lake, and just feeling grateful for the peace and security I know every single day. My sister Nancy is struggling with some pretty serious health issues and this makes me realize how much I take my good health for granted. I hope and pray she will soon be better and on her feet. She is a good sister and I love her so much. Well, another day to cherish. I am happy for those. I don't have much to complain about but always find something anyway. Why is that? One of my goals this year has been to be more content. For the most part I am succeeding, but then have set backs now and again, like yesterday. I'm back on track, though. By the way, I'm reading a good book called "The Magic of Ordinary Days." It is a good read. Hope let me borrow her movie and it was very good. I hightly recommend it. I have really tried to get into Twilight but haven't been able to. Sorry Cassidy! I know it is so popular, but like Cass said, I tend to like books that deal with reality. For those of you who haven't seen Emma, go see it. It is really good and so uplifting. Well, that's it for today. I'll keep you posted on the rest of my life, in case you're interested!!!! Love,Wendy

6 comments:

Whit said...

Mom, I could tell when I talked to you that something was wrong! When I asked you said "Nothing I'm just tired." why didn't you say you were having a bad day? That's what daughters are hear for I would at least have listened and talked to you about it. I'm sorry you had a bad day. Good for Dad, he always treats you good, that's one reason I love him! I love you to, thanks for being so good to me. Your whitters

Mary Croxford said...

Wendy, where does the time go? I forgot to call you yesterday! How about this week? What's it like for you? Or maybe this weekend? Our pool is open now. You'll have to bring Spencer with you so the boys can swim. Call me! I'd love you to come spend a day with me!!! I'll keep ya busy ;O)!!! I'll talk to you soon, Mary

Mary Croxford said...

Wendy, where does the time go? I forgot to call you yesterday! How about this week? What's it like for you? Or maybe this weekend? Our pool is open now. You'll have to bring Spencer with you so the boys can swim. Call me! I'd love you to come spend a day with me!!! I'll keep ya busy ;O)!!! I'll talk to you soon, Mary

Idontcare said...

Mom you're so funny.. it doesn't bother me that you don't like Twilight :) I kinda thought you wouldn't Oh well, you can still see the movie with us in December! WOOHOO! :)

Whit said...

I love you mom!

Josh and Kristen said...

I am excited to see you again next week. Love ya.