Sunday, July 27, 2008

I haven't done a current blog in quite awhile, but Cassidy is here walking me through this so I'm going to take advantage of her help. This has been a crazy summer and so busy but one fun thing we decided at the last minute to do was go to Oregon to visit with Bruce and Jennifer Madsen and their five beautiful children. Calvin and I both needed a "getaway" and the Oregon coast is one of those places that help me to refocus and gain perspective. It is the most spectacular place and unbelievably beautiful to look at. We saw a one hundred year old light house and visited the tide pools when the tide was low so we could enjoy the starfish, sea anemone and all kinds of wonderful creatures we don't ever get the chance to see. It was wonderful to play and visit and just relax. I feel blessed to have this beautiful world to live in. We enjoyed the Madsen family they have such good kids and a beautiful home. I miss the funny things Andrew and Spencer said all the time. Needless to say, it was a fun and relaxing trip and I'm glad we could go. It always feels good to "come home" after being away, though. Dorothy was right when she said, "there's no place like home...." We had a fun Kremin Family Reunion in June with the usual, silliness, laughter, campfires, pranks and everything that accompanies these great get-to-gethers with the Kremins. This bunch really knows how to have fun! We followed up with a Brimhall reunion in Colorado which was just as fun. It was good to see my Mom and see that she is being cared for. I loved seeing all my family and reconnecting with almost everyone. We would be so lonely without our loved ones. Well, to all of you reading this,here are a few pictures from our summer adventures. Have a great week.

1 comment:

LaFawnda said...

Where along the coast did you go? I'm so glad you got away. Hoping you are great, love you so much and know that I am thinking about you lately.
PS. So glad you blogged. I check you often 'cause I love our talks. You always lift me up and keep things in perspective. You really see the bigger picture and I so appreciate that.
Love, fawn