Thursday, September 25, 2008

Gives me hope...

I was just thinking that I needed to update my blog. I guess I don't have as much to say as I thought I did! Anyway, I was looking at the blogs I could get into (I can't seem to get into the private ones even though I've been invited..hmmm), and everything always came down to the children and being "MOM." I started to think how wonderful it is that we are so blessed with this privilege. When all is said and done, it all boils down to this, our most important work and focus is our children. Like right now, I keep looking out of the window to see if Nathan is coming up the road from school and never a day goes by without thinking about my kids and wondering if they are okay. I thought when they were grown my worries would be all over, but I was wrong. Sometimes I think everything before was just preparatory for the "BIG" worries. I was also thinking how wonderful it is that these young mothers have so much faith to have children. I"m impressed by their desire to have more children and without wondering how they are going to do it all. Maybe that is a blessing of having them young and maybe it is also a blessing that our Heavenly Father gives to females...an internal pull from heaven. I am grateful for mother's everywhere who love their children. There is nothing like it in all the world. If we can love our children this much, how much greater is our Savior's love for us. It's hard to imagine, and yet I know it is real. I know that He has the capacity to love me and everyone else on the planet He has created. I am grateful beyond measure for His allowing me to share in this love and help to bring His children into the world. I treasure this opportunity and feel a great responsibility to do my best, even though I fall short often. Through His grace and mercy, He makes up the difference in the end. Like the song says, "He is the tender in tender mercy."

2 comments:

Whit said...

I'm not sure why you think you fall short, none of your children think so! Just ask us! I love reading your blogs, I'm glad you updated them. I can't wait to see you this next weekend. I love you!

LisaL said...

Amen to your blog on mothers. It is so true and stated very nicely. This is why I don't have blog because I can't write what I feel, it just doesn't come out right. We need to get together again!