Thursday, February 26, 2009
It'a a beautiful day in the neighborhood....
Today the sun is shining and it feels warmer than usual, yay! I love springtime. I have been seeing Robins in our trees. Isn't that a sure sign that spring is on it's way? I love the feel of everything becoming new again. There is nothing better than seeing the mountains and trees become green and lush. It just does my heart good. I love all the seasons, but spring is probably my favorite, just because of what it represents, a rebirth and newness of life, just like the resurrection of our Savior. I like all the reminders of Him. I just expect good things to happen for me and everyone else. I saw on the news a woman from Logan, speaking about the recent death of her soldier husband serving in Iraq. She spoke of his desire to serve his country, because of all the blessings we American's have to preserve. I felt so sad for her loss, but so grateful for her husband being willing to "lay down his life for a friend." I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and the resurrection from the dead and even though I cannot fully comprehend what He did for me, I enjoy being reminded everyday, by the wonders of His hand. I'm going to try a little harder to show gratitude for this and enjoy Easter, hopefully, with new eyes and understanding. The only thing we really have to offer that is just ours alone is our willingness to follow Him. Have a wonderful, almost spring day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I love spring too! How fun will it be to be in the Grove on a lovely spring morning (keep our fingers cross right?!) I'm so excited!
It WAS a gorgeous day! I even took the kids to the park around the corner, despite the sand (I'm a bit of a party-pooper when it comes to parks with sand). I just craved being out in that beautiful golden sunshine and it did my heart good!
It's supposed to storm again tomorrow :( BUT...I saw in the forecast a couple temps for next week that were ALMOST in the 60's. YEA!
Hi Wendy Kremin-
This is Wendy Winter Whiting. My sister in law just contacted me wanting a copy of your tape, she has lost hers and I can't find mine either. Can you help us?
I still hear your voice when I read in 3rd Nephi. Your family is beautiful and mom says hi.
Wendy Whiting
wendyw@gvtc.com
Post a Comment